MPPSC (MADHYA PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISION )EXAMS:
Every year the Madhya Pradesh government conduct’s a state level civil service exam called Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPCS)Exam to select the candidates for various prestigious govt post and services in the state.
Various post for which this exam is conducted area collector, Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Superintendent, District Jail, Commercial Tax Officer, District Registrar, Chief Municipal Officer (Group B), Assistant Director, Assistant Director, District Supply Officer, Assistant Director, Child Development Project Officer, Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO).
MPPSC exam is conducted in three stages namely the preliminary, mains and interview . Aspirants who clear the prelim exam are only allowed to appear for the main exam.
- Preliminary Exam (objective):
- Preliminary Exam: The Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers of objective type (multiple choice questions)
Paper -1 :General Studies
Paper-2 :General Aptitude Test
- Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination.
- Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination under a particular advertisement will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination. To be eligible for main examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each question paper of preliminary examination. For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class and Handicapped Candidates the minimum qualifying marks will be 30 %.
- Main Exam (written):
- The Written examination will consist of Six Papers of conventional essay type as given below:-
Paper Subject Hours Marks Paper I General Studies 3 Hours 300 Marks Paper II General Studies 3 Hours 300 Marks Paper III General Studies 3 Hours 300 Marks Paper IV General Studies 3 Hours 200 Marks Paper V General Hindi 3 Hours 200 Marks Paper VI Hindi Essay Writing 2 Hours 100 Marks
- Except General Hindi & Hindi Essay Writing question papers, all question papers will be available in Hindi & English medium. Question papers of engineering subjects will be only in English. The candidates will have the option to answer the question papers in Hindi or English except in the case of language papers.
- Interview (Personality Test):
- The final and important phase of the Civil Services Examination is called Interview. A total of 175 points has been set for interview in the Civil Services Exam conducted by MP PSC. Candidates' personality is tested during the interview.
- Qualifying marks for interview for unreserved candidates will be at least 33% marks in each paper and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class and Physically Handicapped categories, these minimum qualifying marks would be 23%.
- Final merit list (merit list) is prepared on the basis of the main examination and the sum of the marks obtained in the interview.
- Educational qualification:
- The interested candidates have to be a graduate from any discipline from a recognized university. Appearing candidates in final year can also apply.
- Aspirant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit:
- MPPSC aspirant must have minimum age of 21 years.
- As per MPPSC Official Website upper age limit for the permanent residents of Madhya Pradesh has been fixed at 35 years vide General Administration Department circular no. C-3-5/2001/3/1 dated 17th of August 2004. But for the administrative posts of the Home (Police) Department, Excise Department and Jail Department, the maximum age limit will be governed by the provisions of their recruitment rules only
- 5 years relaxation in maximum age to the eligible candidates who belongs to SC,ST & OBC category.
- 5 years relaxation in maximum age if the candidate is a widow, divorcee or abandoned at the time of her first appointment.
- 5 years relaxation in maximum age if the candidate holds a green card in his/her name under the Family Welfare Programme.
- 5 years relaxation in maximum age if the candidate is a forward-caste partner of a prize-winning couple under Inter Caste Marriage Scheme sponsored by the Tribal, Harijan and Backward Class Welfare Department.
- 3 years relaxation in maximum age if the candidate holds a green card in his/her name under the Family Welfare Programme.
- Physically handicapped candidates shall have relaxation of 5 years in the maximum age limit for class-II posts and of 10 years for class-III services. The benefit of Handicapped category shall be granted only on a minimum of 40% disability
- Number of attempts:
- Unlike UPSC, MPPSC has not restricted to the number of attempts and candidate can appear for the exam till his age limit.
- MPPSC Preliminary Examination:
The Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II). The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
- MPPSC Mains Examination:
MPPSC Mains Examination has 6 Question Papers.
Full Syllabus of MPPSC Preliminary Examination Download Now
Full Syllabus of MPPSC Main Examination Download Now